Friday, June 26, 2009

Last Unmarried Post

So, today was a whirlwind. Jon and I got to San Diego last night and our agenda for today included getting the marriage license and then spending time with the guys and girls separate for the evening. The agenda turned into a lot more than that. We were able to get the marriage license. I was able to steam my dress myself. I spent a great afternoon with my mom, Dar, Sarah, and Jack picking up some last minute items. Then the dinners tonight were just fun.

I have to admit, I can't believe the day is finally here. In just short of 9 hours I will no longer be Rachael Suzanne Raymond. I will be Mrs. Jonathan Hamilton. I am so stoked. Everyone kept asking me if I was stressed today. I'm not really stressed, at least not about getting married. I think I am most worried about having all of the gifts and stuff that goes to Michigan with my family and with Jon's family all organized. I know that Jon and I are driving or flying back down here for his brother's wedding reception in July, but I feel like I am going to forget something important.

It's late and I am getting super tired, but I wanted to make sure to write a little something before going to bed my last night as a single woman. My cute new bag from Maggie is all packed and I'll just add my toiletries in the morning. I'm ready for another stamp in my passport and more importantly I'm ready to be sealed to Jon for time and all eternity.

2 comments:

anna. said...

hah...of course you would be more concerned about organizing gifts than actually getting married : )

you're married! yay

Kay said...

congrats!