Sunday, October 18, 2009

Fall has Arrived!

True to a Utah fall, it wouldn't be fall unless it snowed before the leaves changed. About two weeks ago, this is what I saw when I went to my car to leave for work. It looks like hail, but it really was snow, I promise.

The weekend after that snowy day Jon and I ventured up to Layton to visit J and J Nursery. Our friends Sara and Scott had been there a couple weeks before with their family and recommended that we go. Every Saturday during the month of October J and J allows guests to donate food for the local food bank and in exchange, the guests get a hayride and one pumpkin per person. We had a great time picking our pumpkins and think that we got two of the prettiest ones out there.
Here is Jon posing in front of the J and J sign as we waited for the tractor.

Cheesy smiles, I know, but it was a little chilly. They had a LOT of pumpkins.


Holding up our perfect pumpkins. Jon wanted a tall skinny one and I wanted a round one.

No comments: