Friday, March 30, 2012

He Loves Me Because I'm Crazy

Pretty much anyone who reads this blog knows that I am a nut for baby gear.  I blame my fascination on the fact that I worked at Babies'R'Us, but Jon knows the real reason, it's because I am crazy.  Well, crazy me got some birthday money back in January and it's been eating a hole in my sock drawer waiting for the perfect deal to come along.  See, I have a list of all of the baby gear that I want to own some day, and not just the brand, the specific fabric and style.

Over the last three years we've collected quite a bit of this gear (carseat, stroller, high chair, pack n play, monitor, etc) for use when friends and family come over, but a few of the things do not come up used and in good condition on Craigslist and KSL very often.  So, I've been patiently stalking Amazon and a few other retailers websites.  Imagine my surprise when I found the exact Ergobaby Carrier that I had been coveting for months on Amazon on sale more than 30% off!  Happy Birthday to me and the awesome carrier we'll use someday.

Having a little bit of cash left in that sock drawer was eating away at me though.  Silly?  Yes.  I should have been using it to get a couple new shirts for work or something practical, that I might actually need in the next few months, but no, I kept searching for that last item on my list.  My dream diaper bag.  Is it weird to have a dream diaper bag?  Probably.  Oh well.  I was amazed to find out this last Saturday that the exact bag in the exact fabric that I wanted from Nordstrom was on sale!  Basically half of the price of all of the other PPB bags.  Not only was it on sale, but the store only a couple cities away had it in stock!  I asked Jon if I was crazy for wanting it.  After having dreams about wearing it to Disneyland (it's from a limited edition line called It's a Small World) three nights in a row, I decided to just bite the bullet and get the bag.
 
I texted Jon right after I bought it today and his response, "dang it, I was going to get it for you on Monday and save it as a surprise for Mothers' Day."  Oops.  I guess I should have been more patient, but if anything I just learned that even though he might think I'm cuckoo he really does listen when I mention the things I am passionate about.

P.S.  This post is in no way an announcement of pregnancy.  It's just me showing all of you what Jon deals with on a daily basis.  We're hoping for an announcement of that variety in the next few months though.  Stay tuned for more updates.

4 comments:

anna. said...

omg love the baby stuff! can't wait til you guys have some babiesss!!

Jennifer said...

I wish I still lived in Utah where I could shop at KSL. How fun those days were!!

Can't wait to hear your announcement ;)

Karyn said...

What is KSL?? And blame it on working at Babies R Us...I blame working at Toys R US on why I like to daydream about collecting all kinds of toys.

Anonymous said...

Great things come to those who wait! That's clearly what this post is all about. (: