Monday, August 24, 2009

Oquirrh Mountain Temple Dedication

Oquirrh Mountain


I recently discovered that I am totally in charge of how I wake up in the morning and it's based on how I go to bed the night before. Jon is much more of a morning person than me, but I decided this week that I would wake up first on Sunday morning and get ready without being sassy. I set my own alarm and got up at 7 to shower and do my hair and make-up so that Jon could sleep in. Telling myself the night before that I wouldn't be sassy totally helped. I got ready and Jon finally got out of bed around 8 to get ready for the temple dedication.


Jon looking out on the dreary morning


For those of you who do not live in Utah, this week church was canceled for all wards in Utah so that everyone could have an opportunity to attend the Oquirrh Mountain temple dedication. There were sessions at 9 and 3. We chose to attend the 9 am session so we could nap when we got home.

The dedication was wonderful and President Monson even told a funny story about President Uctdorf visiting the President's 747. I guess he had to tell Dieter not to take off with the President's plane. We spent the rest of the day lounging around the house. It was a wonderful Sunday.

Jon with his handkerchief and recommend, we have matching hankies.


Me with my hankie and recommend. I am a dork and wore an outfit opposite of his.

No comments: