Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Spirit of Christmas: Day 14

Kid Friendly Christmas Decor

This tradition is one that my sister Maggie has just begun in her home, but my sister Beth also follows it. With little kids around, baby Jesus has a tendency to disappear. (There's a book about a "missing" baby Jesus. It's a really touching read.) That, or there are only two wise men and no sheep for the shepherd. So, my sisters both thought, why not decorate with items that kids cannot break? Enter Fisher Price and Lego Nativity decor!

This is the whole scene (Little Town of Bethlehem, Three Wise Men, Nativity) on display in Maggie's living room.

This year Hunter has the Little Drummer Boy set in a spot where he can access them more easily. Notice that there were trains in Bethlehem back in the day.

See how much fun Christmas decor can be?

When a cute kiddo gets interested in pulling all of the decorations off of the bottom of the tree, these are an easy diversion.

Beth's kids are branching out from Little People this year to include Lego Christmas in their home. I hope they keep making fun sets like this for when I have kiddos of my own. Although I might need to learn to share the building experience. Do you decorate with items your kids can play with?

Look out tomorrow for a Christmas Eve Birthday Bash.

1 comment:

anna. said...

haha love this. i want a nativity made of trains.