Thursday, December 9, 2010

Spirit of Christmas: Day 15

Christmas Eve Birthday Bash

Earlier this month I mentioned how my family celebrated Jesus' birthday on Christmas Eve. Nate, Alyssa's husband also celebrates birthdays on Christmas Eve. He has an uncle who was lucky enough to be born on December 24th and every year they have a huge family celebration for their uncle's birthday. They make the whole evening about having fun and focus on Christmas the very next day. They sing Happy Birthday and eat cake and in general just have a great time together.

With birthdays in January, Jon and I both know how often a birthday gets forgotten in the season. The Christmas spirit is so wonderful and uplifting and it is so fun to remember Christ's birth, but it is refreshing to know that the birth of another person into your family can be celebrated as well. With my niece Miranda, and Jon's sister Erin's birthdays coming up, we'll definitely pause from the jingle bell ringing, and egg nog drinking to say Happy Birthday to all and to all a... great year? I'm not as good at the rhyming/ poetry as Jon.

In celebration of Christmas/winter time birthdays, here are a few pictures from Christmases close to both of our 2nd birthdays.


This is Jon and his sister Erin, close to both of their birthdays back in the day.


That's me, my mom and Dar right before my second birthday. Yes, I do still own that rocking chair and the Little Foot stuffed animal. Also, notice the amazing advent calendar tree in the background. Aunt Ida made it and my mom still uses it every year.


Tomorrow we'll celebrate Christmas Morning with the Anderson family.

No comments: