Monday, December 13, 2010

Spirit of Christmas: Day 19

A Green Christmas Eve

While talking to my sister Sarah this weekend, I was able to learn about a few of her families fun traditions. Her favorite tradition for Christmas Eve is not only Christmas jammies, but matching Christmas jammies. Sarah has two adorable kiddos, Katie, 8, and Jack, 2. When the kids were younger finding matching jammies was possible because you could get matching ones from Gymboree, Children's Place, etc.

This year, however, it was a challenge to find a set that would keep the kids matching. It was so fun to get a call from my sister during Thanksgiving weekend telling me about her shopping escapades. Going to Old Navy first and not finding anything cute that matched for the two age groups and almost resigning herself to the fact that the kids would just have to be happy with not matching this year. Just in case, she purchased a pair of unrelated jammies for each child at Old Navy.

She did not give up though. She headed to Kohl's, just down the street, and by chance stopped by the toddler boy pajama area. Guess what she found? The perfect matching jammies for Jack. Katie's from Old Navy had striped pants and a reindeer head top, well, Jack's also have striped pants and a reindeer head top. So perfect!

Sarah is not sure how much longer the kids will want to match, but if I know my niece Katie and her love for family traditions, she might not object for a few more years. I'm so glad Sarah could find the perfect Christmas Eve jammies.

Take a look at matching jammies since Jack was born. I love these kiddos.

2008 Gingerbread Jammies

2009 Monkey Jammies

2010 Reindeer Striped Jammies

P.S. As I was perusing blogs today, I found this amazing post about Santa Claus. It brought a tear to my eye. Since Sarah's husband Gabe is a Marine I thought it would be appropriate to share it on this post.

Tomorrow we'll take a look at pictures with Santa from the years.

No comments: